home
Jewelry Designers Gemologists & Diamond Graders
Jewelry Schools Jewelry Design schools
Gemology schools
Gemological Laboratories
Jewellery Hallmarking centers
Jewelry Artists
Jewelry Articles
Jewel store
 
 
Sponsor Advertisements
dealer
Xsitepro website software
Sponsor Advertisements
dealer
List mail pro email responder
Diamond Information | Diamond Prices | Diamond Cost Guide

Check the Current Diamond Cost Price

Diamond Shape : 
Carat Weight 

[ Example:- (.98) or (1.00) or (3.95)]
Diamond Colour : 
Clarity :

To find out YOUR Diamond Price or Diamond Cost then please use our FREE Diamond valuation Calculator.

Diamond is the hardest natural material to be found on earth, and the simplest of all gemstones in composition. The word diamond comes from the Greek word "adamas", meaning unconquerable.

Diamonds is the only gem made up of a single element: carbon. Diamond is about 99.95 percent carbon. The other 0.05 percent can include one or more trace elements, which can influence its colour producing what we call FANCY DIAMONDS .

It is intriguing to know how diamonds were formed millions of years ago. Very early in the earth`s history, it was the unbelievable extremes of temperature and pressure conditions within the depth of the earth that caused deposits of pure carbon to begin to crystallize into diamonds. As the outer layers of the earth cooled, stressed developed, and the plates of solid rock shifted and split. Streams of liquid rock (magma) were forced to the surface in volcanic eruptions, and some of that material carried with it the diamond crystals that had begun to form deep within the earth. The diamonds that exist today were delivered to the earth`s surface between 2.5 & 20 million years ago.

Each diamond is as unique as a human finger print, with a mystery and beauty which is all its own. The indestructibility and sparkling life of a diamond has made is a true symbol of enduring love.

The value of a diamond is based on a combination of factors which is used by professionals to describe and classify diamonds: clarity, colour, cut and carat weight. These are known as the Four Cs. To know more about the price of your diamond just use our diamond price list calculator above.

The 4 Cs of Diamond- CLARITY, COLOUR, CUT& CARAT

A value of diamond is based on a combination of factors that the diamond professionals use to describe and classify diamonds: Clarity, Colour, Cut and Carat weight. These are known as the Four Cs.

DIAMOND CLARITY
Dimaond Clarity refers to the presence of inclusions in a diamond. Inclusions can be in the form of fractures, cracks, black spots, tiny crystals, clouds or feathers. To view inclusions, jewellers use a magnifying loupe or 10X lens. This tool allows the jeweller to see a diamond at 10 times its actual size so that inclusions are easier to see. The position of inclusions can affect the value of the diamond. There are very few flawless diamonds found in nature, so these diamonds are much more valuable.

DIAMOND COLOUR
Diamond Colour refers to the degree to which a diamond is colourless.
Diamonds are graded on a colour scale established by the Gemmological Institute of America (GIA) which ranges from D (colourless) to Z. Colour differences are very subtle and it is very difficult to see the difference between, say, an 'E' and a 'G'. Colourless stones, graded D/E/F or G/H, are more expensive than the lower grades like I/J/K etc.

DIAMOND CUT
Diamond Cut refers to the angles and proportions of a diamond.
A diamond will glitter more only when it is cut according to its proper proportions and measurements. An improperly/uncut diamond will not glitter as much as a perfect round brilliant cut.

DIAMOND CARAT
Diamonds are weighed and sold in carats. One carat is equal to 0.200gm or 100cents. eg. a 10 cents diamond means 1/10th of a carat. Bigger sized diamonds are more rare and expensive than smaller sized diamonds.


Search :

Gehnabazaar.com
Web 



Home | Add URL | About Us | Contact Us | Links | Privacy Policy | Resources | Sitemap | Design by Paper Tree

Copyright 2007 GehnaBazaar.com. All rights reserved. The information contained in this webpage may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without a prior written consent. Natural Gemstones | Precious Gemstones | Jewellery Designers | Jewelry Institutes | Jewelery Design Institutes | Gemstone Information | Diamond Information | Gemmological Laboratories | Gem Labs | Jewelry Articles | Gold Price | Jewel Store | Buy and Sell Jewellery | Jewery Classes | Deisgn classes | Gemologists | Diamond Price